Visit Durango Colorado
and You'll Want to Stay!
Ready to escape the daily grind? Leave the malls behind? The fast food?
Welcome to Durango Colorado!
It's time to forget the 9 to 5 rat race. Relax. Kick back. Soak up a gorgeous change of scenery. Let a mountain adventure town relieve all your stress.
Come to Durango to unwind...stroll down historic Main Street, enjoy dinner at delectable restaurants, listen to music amidst the mountains.
Come to Durango to challenge your "everyday"...climb rocks, raft on the Animas River, 4-wheel over 11,000 foot passes.
Come to Durango to try on the Old West...horseback ride into the sunset, let cowboys serenade you while you eat an authentic wrangler supper.
When you come to Durango, you won't want to leave!
I know we never do. We bought property in Durango Colorado when I was 12, moved out when I was 16. If I had my way, I’d still be there.
But, as fate would have it, I met a Minnesotan, fell for him hard, and married him when he promised he’d bring me back to Durango in five years.
It’s been twenty as of July 2006…
Now with two kids, we come out once (more often twice) a year to visit my family (the lucky ones that stayed put). For Christmas 2000, we gave ourselves a piece of property just east of Durango. Every time we come out, we do a little more work on it. Soon, we’ll be back where we all want to be.
Durango Colorado is the place to be in Southwest Colorado. If it isn't in Durango, it's very close by. Anasazi ruins, a reptile park, an old mining town...you name it, it's probably here.
Do you want to ride history?
The Durango-Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad runs from Durango to Silverton (50 miles north) three times a day all summer. At least one train per day runs part way up all winter, as long as it can get through the snow.
Maybe you like to ski. Durango Mountain Resort is right up the road. Cross-country ski trails, snowmobile trails, downhill ski runs and spectacular scenery. What more could you ask?
That’s just the beginning of all the things you can do in Durango.
What if you fall in love with the place?
That's what we're planning to do soon. You can too.
Come back often. I'll be updating this site frequently with more and more information.
Don't see something you want to know about? Contact me with your request (see our "contact us" form), and I'll find out what you want to know (if I don't know off the top of my head), and post it here.
Any way you look at it, Durango Colorado is a great place to be... for a week, or forever!
Update, August 2010
Just in case you haven't stumbled on it, yet, I've updated our About Us page, since we moved to Durango last year and are finally in our house. This website is part of what allowed us to do that. Pretty cool, huh? Write about a place you want to move, then use that writing to help finance your move.
Update, March 2013
My apologies for the lack of updating of this website. A year of building our house, then two years of gently treating me for breast cancer has taken all of my time.
You will see (slowly) the pages update to the wonderful new block-builder that my website program uses. They won't look exactly the same as the old pages (especially where information needs to be updated, too!), but they'll be close, and the site as a whole will look relatively similar to what you see now.
Enjoy the updates!
- Durango Colorado Online Blog
- What's the news at Durango Colorado Online? Check the latest additions to the site in the blog by subscribing here.
- This Site Map Will Help You Tour Durango Colorado Online
- Use this site map to help you quickly find the topic you want to read more about. Just click on the text and jump right to the page you want. Happy jumping!
- The Best Durango Colorado Attractions For The Adventurous And Not So Adventurous
- The Durango Colorado attractions are endless. Here are the best ones for families, for couples, for singles, for all ages.
- Best Durango Lodging and Accommodations
- Whether you're looking for luxury Durango lodging, or budget lodging in Durango Colorado, we can give you the low down on where to stay.
- The Best Restaurants in Durango for Your Dining Pleasure
- Please your palate with these Restaurants in Durango. All the best, from steak to seafood to Mexican cuisine is right here.
- Durango Shopping Can Be A Whole New Adventure
- Do some Durango shopping, and you can find an abundance of unusual art, souvenirs of your trip, the gear you need for your adventures and more!
- A Durango Colorado Rental Can Be Your New Home
- Your new home awaits you in our Durango Colorado rental information page.
- Colorado Birds Galore
- Colorado birds come in a huge variety, from eagles to hummingbirds. Join us as we "watch" them!
- Fine Arts in Durango and the Four Corners Region
- From dancing to music to sculpture, painting and jewelry, there's a wealth of wonderful fine arts in the Durango Colorado area. Come check them out.
- Durango Events: The Unusual, Spectacular and Interesting Doings in Durango
- From fundraising for good causes to parades on the river, there are always plenty of Durango events to choose for a good time.
- Colorado Pictures: From Majestic Peaks to Humble Mushrooms
- If you'd like to see some Colorado pictures, you've come to the right place. We have loads! So check out our picture pages and enjoy!
- Our Map of Durango Will Help You Find Your Way Around Durango
- Find all of the hottest spots and the out-of-the-way, only-locals-know-them nooks with our map of Durango Colorado.
- Durango Colorado Information: What's What, Where It's At, And All About Durango
- Looking for some Durango Colorado information? Check out where to find news, schools, libraries and even the jail!
- Durango Colorado Ezine Gives You Insights Into Life In This Neck of the Woods
- In Durango Doings, the Durango Colorado Ezine, I will keep you apprised of interesting tidbits that don't make normal news.
- Contact Us
- If you want more information contact us and we'll be happy to send it to you, or add it to our site.
- Our Durango Real Estate is a Slice Right Out of Heaven
- So many of our friends and family wanted progress pictures for our Durango real estate, we're posting some here. We're using as much green and sustainable building as we can, as you'll see.
- Read All About Us and Why We Created This Durango Website
- Meet the family behind the Durango website, and learn about us - who we are, why we created this site, and where we're headed now.
- How This Website Makes Us Money - And How You Can Create One, Too!
- Of all the website myths, the idea that if you slap one up you'll earn thousands bugs me the most. Learn how THIS website makes us money, and how you can do the same.
- Bird Watching Secrets
- Talk to five people, and it is likely three (or maybe all five) of them enjoy bird watching. Not necessarily as dedicated bird watchers, but even the casual sightings can be exciting.